Patent Searching & Innovation Insight Reports
Make better business decisions with James & Wells’ Patent Searching and Innovation Insight reports.
Patent searching is a powerful tool which provides innovation intelligence to help you achieve your business objectives. James & Wells offers a range of bespoke searching solutions to manage and reduce risk, optimise R&D, identify opportunities, monitor competition and facilitate innovation.
Patent Search Reports
Intellectual property searching helps to ascertain whether a R&D project is worth pursuing. It is used to investigate if you have freedom to operate in target markets and to assess whether an innovation is likely to be patentable. Conducting these searches before heavily investing in a project will reduce risk and save money.
James & Wells’ searching team can help you with:
- Freedom to Operate (FTO) searches – understand infringement risks;
- Novelty searches – assess if an innovation is protectable; and
- Watching services – monitor known and unidentified competitors.
Innovation Insight Reports
The power of intellectual property searching extends far beyond the traditional assessments of FTO, patentability and monitoring competitors. Searching can extract valuable insights from publicly available information for strategic planning and decision making.
James & Wells’ Innovation Insight reports are designed to turn intellectual property research into strategic business intelligence. These reports provide targeted information on large numbers of intellectual property rights based on their relevance to competitors or areas of technology. Key insights can readily be gleaned from market trends shown in a range of summary graphs and diagrams.
Some of the Innovation Insight reports we can provide are:
- Technology Insight Report – better understand a technology space based on intellectual property strategies and rights;
- Company Insight Report – better understand a competitor’s technology portfolio; and
- Comparative Competitor Analysis Report – provides unique insights into how companies distinguish themselves from each other and the intellectual property strategies they use.
Don’t see what you need? We can help you dive deeper into the vast amounts of information available on intellectual property rights to extract more detailed or customised intelligence.
James & Wells offers a wide range of other search options that can be tailored to meet your needs.
- Litigation Threat Assessment – better understand infringement risks based on previous litigation cases;
- Valuation Assessment – provide an indication of the value of an intellectual property portfolio; and
- Patent Landscape searches – provide a visual depiction of the amount of patent activity in a technology area.
Funding may be available from Callaghan Innovation and we can also assist with navigating your way through the application process.
Contact one of our searching team to discuss your requirements and obtain a cost estimate.